Last Year's Return

  • Let's make sure your return was filed correctly last year


  • W-2s from your employer
  • 1099-MISC (for contractor work)
  • 1099-INT (interest)
  • 1099-DIV (investments, dividends, capital gains)
  • 1099-G (unemployment compensation, state & local tax refunds from prior year)
  • K-1 (Partner's Income)
  • Rental property income
  • Unreimbursed job expenses


  • 1098-E (student loan interest paid)
  • 1098-E (tuition paid or scholarships received)


  • 1098 (mortgage interest, property taxes, insurance)
  • Vehicle registration and excise taxes paid
  • Receipts for green, energy efficiency improvements
  • Moving expenses (if you moved more than 50 miles away from your previous home)
  • Casualty & theft losses


  • Receipts for dependent care expenses
  • Receipts for expenses in connection with adoption

Health Care

  • 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C
  • 1099-SA (distributions from HSAs)
  • 1099-MSA (distributions from MSAs)
  • Receipts for self-employed health insurance
  • Medical expenses


  • 1099-R (Distributions from Retirement Accounts)
  • 5498 (IRA contributions)

Charitable Contributions

  • Donation receipts


  • Adoption expenses