Get your tax return due date extended.

Not ready to file? Well, you've come to the right place.


A couple of things you should know

  • It's automatic. You don't need to provide a reason of why you need your taxes extended. If you think you will owe taxes, it's best to go ahead pay an estimated amount when you file an extension.
  • More time. Filing an extension gets you an additional six months to receive and gather any missing information and have your return prepared and filed. 
  • Just remember: filing an extension does not extend the amount of time you have to pay your taxes. If you owe or will owe any taxes, they are still due by the due date. If your taxes are not paid by the due date, you may be subject to penalties and interest.

2016 tax return Due dates

Individuals & Partnerships: Tuesday, April 18, 2017

S-Corps & C-Corps: Wednesday, March 15, 2017

before you request an extension


You'll need to pay for the filing of your extension. If you're extending a personal return and a business return, you'll need to pay for two extension. After you pay for your extension, your extension will be filed.


For personal & self-employed (SE) returns

for businesses: Partnerships & s-Corps